• Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) (http://www.cms.hhs.gov/default.asp?)
    1-800-Medicare (1-800-633-4227)
    1-866-226-1819 TTY
    The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is the federal agency that manages the Medicare and Medicaid programs.

    7500 Security Boulevard
    Baltimore MD 21244-1850

    Each state has a Fiscal Intermediary and Medicare Carrier for the Original Medicare Plan. The Fiscal Intermediary pays Part A claims and can help you with questions about Part A bills and services, hospital care, skilled nursing care, fraud and abuse. The Medicare Carrier pays Part B claims and is your contact for information about Part B coverage, bills and medical services, as well as fraud and abuse.
    Billing Medicare - Wisconsin Information

    Fiscal Intermediary
    Part A bills and services, hospital care, skilled nursing care, and fraud

    Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin
    (d.b.a. United Government Services, LLC)

    Medicare Carrier
    Part B bills and services

    Wisconsin Physician Services

    Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier
    Bills for durable medical equipment and a list of approved suppliers of this equipment

    AdminaStar Federal, Inc.

  • Social Security Administration (SSA) (www.ssa.gov/)
    7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
    If you have a touch-tone phone, recorded information and services are available 24 hours a day, including weekends and holidays.
    1-800-325-0778 TTY
    7 a.m. - 7 p.m. Monday through Friday
    The Social Security Administration is the federal agency that manages Social Security benefits, SSI and other programs.
    Please have your Social Security number handy when you call.

  • Social Security Offices in Wisconsin (www.ssa.gov/)
  • Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) (www.rrb.gov/default.asp)
    Field offices (www.rrb.gov/field/field.asp)
    Field offices are located throughout the country. Experienced field office staff handle all questions regarding regular and disability retirement benefits, Medicare, Social Security, tax issues, and sickness and unemployment benefits.
    Each field office has a page with their address, phone number, fax number, secure message option, directions to the office and service schedules.

    Wisconsin Field Office
    U. S. Railroad Retirement Board
    Henry S. Reuss Plaza
    310 W Wisconsin Ave., Ste. 1300
    Milwaukee, WI 53203-2211

    (414) 297-3961 Phone
    (414) 297-3833 Fax

    Office Hours: 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Monday through Friday except Federal Holidays.

    Direct your question to the appropriate district office (www.rrb.gov/accessrrbgov/ZipLocator/zip_enter.asp). You will be prompted to enter your zip code. A link to your district office will be displayed.
    The Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) administers retirement-survivor programs for the nations railroad workers and their families. Under the Social Security Act, the RRB has administrative responsibilities for certain benefit payments and railroad worker's Medicare coverage.

    1-800-808-0772 Help-Line
    You can call the RRB Help-Line to obtain automated information about unemployment and sickness benefits, request a letter showing your current monthly annuity rate or request a replacement Medicare card and more.

  • Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) (www.va.gov/)
    1-800-827-1000 VA Benefits
    The VA is a federal agency that provides information on VA programs, veteran's benefits and VA facilities worldwide.