Choosing a health plan is one of the more important decisions you will make in your life and it can be one of the more confusing decisions as well. From this Web page, you can access managed care health plans definitions, managed care health plans frequently asked questions, OCI publication "Consumer's Guide to Managed Care Health Plans in Wisconsin," and profiles of the twenty-three health maintenance organizations (HMOs) that serve the residents of Wisconsin.
Managed Care Specialist
Managed Care Health Plans Frequently Asked Questions
Managed Care Health Plans - Definitions
Consumer's Guide to Managed Care Health Plans in Wisconsin
Profiles organized by County (Updated: August 2013)
Profiles organized by HMO Name (Updated: August 2013)
Each profile contains the following information:
- Service area (by county)
- License Type
- Number of physicians
- Date on which the HMO commenced business
- Products available
- Financial information
- Enrollment and utilization information
- Primary care clinics and physician groups
H M O Quality and Consumer Satisfaction Data (Updated: December 2013)
Map of Wisconsin Counties
Click on the county desired to see a list of Health Maintenance Organizations serving that county or if you prefer, use the alphabetic listing of counties below.
[Back to Top]
Alphabetic List of Wisconsin Counties
Click on the county name desired to see a list of Health Maintenance Organizations serving that county.
[Back to Top]
- Atrium Health Plan, Inc. (business acquired by Compcare Health Services Insurance Corp.)
- Care Wisconsin Health Plan, Inc.
- Children's Community Health Plan, Inc.
- Community Care Health Plan, Inc.
- Compcare Health Services Insurance Corp.
- Dean Health Plan, Inc.
- Group Health Cooperative of Eau Claire
- Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
- Gundersen Lutheran Health Plan, Inc.
- Health Tradition Health Plan f/k/a Greater La Crosse Health Plan, Inc.
- Humana Wisconsin Health Organization Insurance Corp.
- Independent Care Health Plan
- Managed Health Services Ins. Corp.
- The Medical Associates Clinic Health Plan of WI
- MercyCare HMO, Inc.
- Molina Healthcare of Wisconsin, Inc. (formerly known as Abri Health Plan, Inc.)
- Network Health Plan, Inc.
- Physicians Plus Insurance Corp.
- Security Health Plan of WI, Inc.
- Trilogy Health Insurance, Inc.
- UnitedHealthcare of Wisconsin, Inc.
- Unity Health Plans Insurance Corp.
- Valley Health Plan, Inc. (merged into Blue Cross Blue Shield of Wisconsin as of 12/31/2005)
- WPS Health Plan, Inc.