Effective September 1, 2009, OCI began issuing the Variable Life/Variable Annuity qualification. To obtain the Variable Life/Variable Annuity qualification, resident agents will need to hold a Life license and provide verification of required registration by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) registered for Series 6 or Series 7. Nonresidents must hold a Variable qualification in their resident state. Applicants can apply online at www.sircon.com/wisconsin.
Section Ins 2.13 (12), Wis. Adm. Code, AGENT QUALIFICATIONS. Any person selling or offering for sale a variable contract must have a valid license under s. Ins 6.59, Wis. Adm. Code, authorizing the solicitation of life insurance as listed in s. Ins 6.50 (2) (a), Wis. Adm. Code; and shall have passed any of the following alternative security examinations administered by the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA):
- General Securities Registered Representative Examination (Series 7)
- Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Limited Representative Qualification Examination (Series 6)
- FINRA Non-Member General Securities Examination (Series 2) (This examination is no longer offered to new candidates.)
- General Securities Principal Qualification (Series 24)
- Investment Company Products/Variable Contracts Limited Principal Qualification Examination (Series 26)
Prior to the solicitation of variable contracts, you are required to provide verification of successful completion of FINRA requirements to the respective insurers.
For information on taking the series 7, 6, 24, or 26 examinations, contact your firm. If you do not have an affiliation with a firm who is a member of the FINRA and wish to take the series 2 examination, contact FINRA directly at (301) 590-6500.