Digital Fingerprinting for Resident License Candidates
Effective July 6, 2010
The Digital Fingerprinting program will begin on July 6, 2010. As a result of this, Pearson VUE will NOT be able to test during the period of June 26-July 5, 2010. Candidates will be able to call and make reservations during this time, but the first date of availability will be Tuesday, July 6, 2010.
The basis for this brief shutdown is to allow for a smooth transition from the name check process to the digital process. Below are some Frequently Asked Questions which we hope will assist you.
- When does the process begin?
Anyone who schedules an examination for July 6, 2010, or later will be required to complete a digital fingerprint.
- Is a reservation for digital fingerprinting required?
Yes. A candidate MUST have a reservation for the examination prior to making a reservation for their fingerprint. In order to make a reservation, candidates will need to work with L-1 Solutions, the fingerprinting vendor for the State of Wisconsin and subcontractor of Pearson VUE. L-1 Solutions contact information is:
(866) 416-4896 (M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
(877) 219-0199 TDD/TTY
- Why must a candidate have an examination reservation before making a fingerprint reservation?
A mandatory field that L-1 Solutions will capture is the Candidate ID. This Candidate ID is assigned at the time of reservation and is on the confirmation notice that the candidate receives. It is a critical matching criteria to ensure that the fingerprint results are attached to the correct candidate examination record. An individual who cannot provide the Candidate ID number will not be permitted to make a fingerprint reservation.
- What is the cost for digital fingerprinting?
The total price is $52.25 (this includes the previous $18 charge for the state check which is also required). Candidates are required to pay this fee at the time of reservation. Acceptable forms of payment are debit/credit card or electronic check.
- How long are fingerprints valid?
180 days from the date that the fingerprints are completed. Persons who are required to test beyond the 180 days would be required to submit another fingerprint and pay another fee.
- What about candidates who tested before July 6 but are required to retake the examination? At the time of the first examination, the candidate paid $18 for the name check. Will the candidate be required to pay to have the digital fingerprints completed?
- What information will be requested at the time of the fingerprinting reservation?
Candidates will need to provide the following information at the time of reservation pursuant to FBI requirements:
Full Legal Name
Reason for Fingerprints (Wisconsin Insurance)
Full Current Address
Date of Birth
Place of Birth
Social Security Number
- When can a candidate be fingerprinted?
A candidate can elect to be fingerprinted on the day of their examination, prior to their examination, or subsequent to their examination.
- Where can a candidate be fingerprinted?
Candidates can be fingerprinted at any one of the Pearson VUE test centers in Wisconsin. In addition, L-1 Solutions offers a number of additional sites that are available at: